As a Site Superintendent, you will contribute to our team by:
- Supervising and coordinating all construction activities
- Preparing schedule reports outlining progress of activities underway and identifying activities in a two-week look ahead period.
- Assuring construction compliance with design requirements.
- Communicate with the project team and support each subcontractor to execute his job duties effectively and efficiently
- Ensuring project materials and workmanship meet the project quality standards.
- Have all necessary certifications like WHIMIS, First Aid and Basics of Supervision.
- Oversees subcontractor coordination and progress.
- Review construction plans and shop drawings
- Supervise worker crews and projects, with a hands-on approach
- Complete all health & safety documentation within the required timelines
- Maintain clean, professional and organized sites at all times
What you will bring to this role:
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in site supervision
- Knowledge of strong safety culture and communication skills
- Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office, excel, MS Project
- Strong organizational skills and written communication is a must
- Knowledge of and experience in the construction industry and company operations, including materials, construction specifications, and methods and procedures
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- G2 license is required
- People Management Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Communication Skills
- Organizational and time management
- Ability to resolve issues and recommend measures to achieve quality productivity
- Able to read/interpret drawings, plans, and contract documents with a strong understanding of specifications, scope of work, and timelines.
Experience and certificates required
- 3-5 years Construction experience in a similar role
- Health & Safety – Basics of Supervision IHSA
- Working at Heights certification
- Certification of First Aid/CPR (certificate), WHMIS
- Solid understanding of construction industry practices, OBC, OHSA and WCB regulations and safety standards